Few facts about UpdateProgress control
· UpdateProgress controls can be either inside or outside other UpdatePanel controls.
· For initial page rendering and for synchronous postbacks, the UpdateProgress control is not displayed. [M. Imp]
· If the ChildrenAsTriggers property of a UpdatePanel control is set to false and an asynchronous postback originates from inside that UpdatePanel control, any associated UpdateProgress controls will still be displayed.
In following situations, you may face that the UpdateProgress control does not display automatically:
· When the UpdateProgress control is associated with a specific update panel using ‘AssociatedUpdatePanelID’ property, and the asynchronous postback results from a control that is not inside that update panel instead postback results from a control that is inside a Trigger.
· When the UpdateProgress control is not associated with any UpdatePanel control, and the asynchronous postback does not result from a control that is not inside an UpdatePanel and is not a trigger. For example, the update is performed in code.
Thanks & Regards,
Arun Manglick || Tech Lead