04th April 2010
Microsoft today is officially launching Visual Studio (VS) 2010 .VS2010 incorporates an advanced user interface, powerful integration and customization technology, as well as improved ALM capabilities and extended support for key Microsoft developer platforms.
In addition to the VS2010 launch, Microsoft released the Final Version Of .Net Framework 4, an important update to its managed framework that delivers a host of underpinning technologies for .NET application developers.
Also released on Monday was the Final Version Of Silverlight 4, Microsoft's rich Internet application (RIA) platform. Silverlight 4 boasts key improvements for business application developers, including out-of-browser execution and improved data binding.
“The functionality of Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 4 and Silverlight 4 creates a powerful and unique combination, opening up new opportunities for developers to build applications that take advantage of new and existing devices, as well as Emerging Platforms Like Cloud Services.”
VS2010 in the Spotlight
· Redesigned User Interface - Based on Windows Presentation Foundation 4 (WPF4) - Precise Rich Text Handling and Multi-Monitor Support
· Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) - Enabling third-parties to seamlessly integrate functionality to the IDE.
· Several Critical Microsoft Platforms Support - For developers creating apps for the cloud
· New Tooling For Silverlight 4, Windows Phone 7 Mobile Development and Asp.Net Model-View-Controller (MVC) projects -To separate the appearance and core business logic.
· Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
· IntelliTrace – A “time machine” for developers and testers, captures an application's execution history – Bug can be literally played back on a tester's machine
· Enhanced Testing Features - Automate the Majority of common tasks and streamline the flow of information - led to a significant productivity increase.
· Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere 2010 - New collaboration product – New TFS tool for developers working outside of Visual Studio. E.g. Java development on Windows and on Mac platforms.
Hope this hepls.