Here we’ll see what diagrams are required to sketch in the various phases of s/w development.
- Not all diagrams are compulsory.
- The minimum diagrams according to software life cycle phases are :-
- Requirement phase: - Use Case Diagrams
- Design Phase: - Component diagrams, Class diagrams
- Implementation phase: - All diagrams derived from pervious phases specially class diagram for reverse engineering.
- Testing phase: - All diagrams derived from requirement and design phases for verification and preparing test plans.
- Roll out and close over phase: - All document derived from Design phase and requirement phases.
Below is a sample figure which shows all the documents in relevant phases.
Thanks & Regards,
Arun Manglick || Senior Tech Lead