Silverlight 2 Beta 1 Tools
· The add-on to create Silverlight applications using .NET and Silverlight 2 Beta 1 and for creating Silverlight 1.0 Web sites with Visual Studio 2008.
· This install also installs the Silverlight 2 Beta 1 Runtime and the Silverlight 2 Beta 1 SDK.
· Visual Studio 2008 Standard or above is required.
· It provides a Silverlight project system for developing Silverlight applications using C# or Visual Basic.
This package is an add-on to the RTM release of Visual Studio 2008 to provide tooling for Microsoft Silverlight 2 Beta 1.
This download will install the following:
- Silverlight 2 Beta 1 (Runtime)
- Silverlight 2 SDK Beta 1 (The below one)
- KB949325 for Visual Studio 2008
- Silverlight Tools Beta 1 for Visual Studio 2008
· Skip if the above is installed.
· If you are not installing the Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 which includes the Silverlight 2 Beta 1 SDK, you can download this SDK to create Silverlight Web experiences that target Silverlight 2 Beta 1.
· The SDK contains documentation, samples and other tools for building Silverlight 2 applications. You can also download the source code and unit tests for some of the Silverlight Controls.
A preview version of Expression Blend for designing Silverlight 2 experiences.
· Install the .NET Framework 3.5 first before you install Expression Blend 2.5.
· Install Silverlight 2 Beta 1
· Install Expression Blend 2.5 March 2008 Preview (25 megabytes)
This tool allows you to prepare your own images for use with the Deep Zoom feature in Silverlight 2.