By default, you cannot share the same Authentication Ticket cookie across multiple servers [Web farm] or multiple application on the same Web Server.
· By default, the Forms authentication cookie is encrypted and signed.
· By default, each application generates a unique decryption and validation key.
· Therefore, by default, you can't share the same authentication cookie across applications neither in the same Web Server nor different Web Servers.
Here are the default settings for this element:
validationKey="AutoGenerate, IsolateApps" />
To share the same authentication cookie across every application hosted on the same web server, do as below.
· Remove the IsolateApps attribute, as it cause to generate a different keys for every application.
To share the same authentication cookie across separate web servers.
· Then you need to specify the decryptionKey and validationKey manually.
Thanks & Regards,
SMTS || Microsoft Technology Practice || Bridgestone - Tyre Link || Persistent Systems || 3023-6258
DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.