Industry is moving every possible application to run on tablets, smartphones, and even smartwatches.
Mobile Apps Development Technologies
When it comes to mobile app development technology, you need decide what type of app works best for you:
- Hybrid or
Mobile applications are first tested within the development environment using emulators and later subjected to field testing.
Emulators provide an inexpensive way to test applications on mobile phones to which developers may not have physical access.
The following are examples of tools used for testing application across the most popular mobile operating systems.
- iPhoney gives a pixel-accurate web browsing environment and it is powered by Safari. It can be used while developing web sites for the iPhone.
- It is not an iPhone simulator but instead is designed for web developers who want to create 320 by 480 (or 480 by 320) websites for use with iPhone.
- iPhoney will only run on Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later.
Google Android Emulator –
- Google Android Emulator is an Android emulator that is patched to run on a Windows PC as a standalone app, without having to download and install the complete and complex Android SDK.
- It can be installed and Android compatible apps can be tested on it.
The official Android SDK Emulator –
- The official Android SDK Emulator includes a mobile device emulator which mimics all of the hardware and software features of a typical mobile device (without the calls).
- MobiOne Developer is a mobile Web IDE for Windows that helps developers to code, test, debug, package and deploy mobile Web applications to devices such as iPhone, BlackBerry,Android, and the Palm Pre.
- TestiPhone is a web browser-based simulator for quickly testing iPhone web applications.
- This tool has been tested and works using Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2 and Safari 3.
BlackBerry Simulator –
- There are a variety of official BlackBerry simulators available to emulate the functionality of actual BlackBerry products and test how the BlackBerry device software, screen, keyboard and trackwheel will work with application.
Windows UI Automation –
- To test applications that use the Microsoft UI Automation technology, it requires Windows Automation API 3.0. It is pre-installed on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later versions of Windows.
- On other operating systems, you can install using Windows Update or download it from the Microsoft Web site.
- eggPlant: A GUI-based automated test tool for mobile application across all operating systems and devices.
- Ranorex: Test automation tools for mobile, web and desktop apps.
- Testdroid: Real mobile devices and test automation tools for testing mobile and web apps.
Hope this helps.