You can download and install it from the following locations:
- Download ASP.NET MVC 2 using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer
- Download ASP.NET MVC 2 from the Download Center
Note : MVC 1.0 Release Date: 27th Jan 2009
ASP.NET MVC 2 adds a bunch of new capabilities and features.
Here is the Scott Gu's blog series about some of the new features. Some of the new features and capabilities include:
- New Strongly Typed HTML Helpers
- Enhanced Model Validation support across both server and client
- Auto-Scaffold UI Helpers with Template Customization
- Support for splitting up large applications into "Areas"
- Asynchronous Controllers support that enables long running tasks in parallel
- Support for rendering sub-sections of a page/site using Html.RenderAction
- Lots of new helper functions, utilities, and API enhancements
- Improved Visual Studio tooling support
Hope this helps.