Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc
You may receive "Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc" while connection to database. I got the error when I tried to connect to SQL Server 2005 from Visual studio 2008 using server explorer. The exact error is,
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91′ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
To solve this error you need to download following three updates from Microsoft - Download Link
- Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client
Download Instructions -
- Go to the mentioned link.
- Hunt for these three bulleted text one by one.
- Install the X86 verions.
Hope this helps.
Thanks & Regards,
Arun Manglick || Senior Tech Lead